Newgate have a fantastic opportunity for a Sales Ledger Clerk to join our well-established Finance Team. This role is ideally full time, but for the right candidate we would consider a 32 hour minimum, over 4 or 5 days.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working closely with the Senior Sales Ledger & Credit Controller. Due to an internal change of process we a looking for the post holder to be a key part of the finance team, being responsible for credit checks, customer invoice queries, chasing debt and retention’s, raising invoices.
- Maintaining an orderly sales ledger.
- Ensuring that all confirmed jobs are invoiced to customers in a timely manor.
- Answering accounts queries via phone and email.
- Raise any issues accordingly that could hinder the billing process with the relevant departments.
- Posting payments received onto the cashflow.
- Allocating remittances.
- Setting up new customers, including credit checks, to enable jobs to be issued.
- Monitoring and actioning the sales ledger inboxes.
- Actioning retentions and chasing accordingly.
- Support with Credit Control – ensuring customers pay to their agreed terms and chasing payments where necessary.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 07:45 – 16:30, (with a 14:30 finish on a Friday).
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven experience of high-volume invoice and data processing.
- Ability to collate data and format reports as required.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Excel).
- Good numeracy and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of “Integrity” system would be advantageous.
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at Grade C or above (including English and Maths).
- Previous experience with sales ledger/billing or finance administrative role.
- AAT qualified is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be a great team player, forward thinking, competent in excel and Microsoft office packages and confident in communication both verbal and written, to be able to work closely and build relationships with Customers.
Newgate Ltd based in Newark was established in 1984 and has built an outstanding reputation for providing quality bespoke security solutions including gates, barriers, road blockers and access control systems. We provide an end-to-end service to our customers – with the capability to design, fabricate, install, service and repair equipment throughout the UK.
If you feel you have the experience and Newgate sounds like the right company for you. Please apply with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.