We are currently looking for an experienced Service/Installation Engineer to join our expanding team. This role is located in South London and within this role, you’ll be responsible for diagnosing faults, replacing components and liaising with the maintenance team to ensure all jobs are completed within a timely manner and to Newgate’s quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose faults and complete repairs, replacing components as required
- Ensure attendance on site is in a timely manner for onsite inductions
- Manage and deliver service, maintenance and installation projects
- Fault find, test and service company and others electromechanical products
- Provide accurate reports relating to the completed service, maintenance and installation jobs in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the Service/Contracts/Maintenance teams to ensure that all jobs are completed on time and to the Company’s quality standards
- Liaise with Customers in a professional manner to ensure that all service maintenance and new installations are completed to the customer’s satisfaction
- Liaise with the technical and production departments
- Completing necessary documentation accurately.
- Manage van stock to ensure sufficient levels to carry out required works.
- Ensure your vehicle is cleaned and serviced regularly and is road legal.
- Ensure time sheets are completed accurately and sent to accounts before 10.00am on Monday for previous week.
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements and adhere to best working practices at all times
- Comply with all company rules, regulations and legal requirements.
- Over-night stays may be required and it may be at times necessary to travel to other locations within the UK
Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Be highly organised, with the ability to plan tasks and time effectively.
- Have a thorough and methodical approach to completing tasks including fault finding.
- Able to use initiative to resolve problems
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and to specific deadlines
- Flexible attitude and ability to work within a team
- Will be a strong communicator, confident liaising with clients, engineers and staff internally
- Flexibility to work on shifts as required
- Ability to work weekends on a rota basis
- Electrical certification including, but not limited to, 17th/18th Edition.
- City and Guilds level 3 in electrical installations (or equivalent).
- Previous experience within the gate and barrier industry.
- Experience with access controls.
Newgate Ltd based in Newark was established in 1984 and has built an outstanding reputation for providing quality bespoke security solutions including gates, barriers, road blockers and access control systems. We provide an end-to-end service to our customers – with the capability to design, fabricate, install, service and repair equipment throughout the UK.
If you feel you have the experience and Newgate sounds like the right company for you. Please apply with your CV to email@example.com.