Newgate (Newark) Ltd recognises the importance and the need for the development of operational practices that will continue towards an improved environment.
The company will conform with the requirements of The Environmental Protection Act 1990, Control of Pollution Act 1974 and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) and pursue environmentally responsible and eco-efficient methods of operating to promote improved standards of working, whilst maintaining the highest quality production. In order to achieve its objective Newgate (Newark) Ltd will endeavour to:
- To meet the requirements and comply with or improve on the standards required under current Legislation.
- To give full co-operation to statutory bodies administering environmental legislation.
- Ensure that management personal familiarise themselves with the requirements of relevant Legislation.
- Provide instructions to all personnel to enable them to contribute towards the implementation of this policy.
- Encourage every employee to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Work towards the attainment of an appropriate environmental system.
- Plan company undertakings, set objectives and targets for environmental improvements
- Ensure that environmental issues are considered in the decision making process.
- Endeavour to ensure that contractors working for Newgate (Newark) Ltd. contribute towards the company’s environmental objectives.
- Ensure Noise is reduced to a practical minimum.
- Monitor the natural resources utilised by the company to ensure they are used as efficiently as is practicable
- Ensure that raw materials and waste products are managed effectively so as to minimise possible adverse effect on the environment.
- Ensure all waste products are removed from site and disposed of in accordance with Newgate (Newark) Ltd’s Policy
- All Cardboard and Plastics are to be bailed and disposed of in accordance with Newgate (Newark) Ltd’s Policy.
- Consider environmental criteria when purchasing new plant, construction materials and products to ensure they will be acceptable to Newgate (Newark) Ltd and its customers.
- Ensure that waste products are disposed of in accordance with best practice and whenever,practicable seek to enhance waste re-use, recycling and the use of recycled materials in accordance with construction and quality standards. eg Cardboard and Plastics
- Consider the concerns of local communities and other interested parties.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources energy and fuel throughout company operations.
- Provide necessary resources to ensure the effective implementation of this policy.
- Periodically review this policy to ensure that it continues to reflect the requirements and expectations of society and that it meets the requirements of legislation.
- Conduct regular environmental audits.
- Employees at all levels have an important part to play in the success of this policy.
Newgate (Newark) Ltd will in respect of the company’s undertaking endeavour to co-operate with clients and regulatory bodies and other interested parties in the common objective of improving our working and living environment.