Newgate (Newark) Ltd equal opportunities codes of practice.
30.1 Policy statement
The Company is committed to supporting, developing and promoting diversity and equality in all of its employment practices and activities and aims to establish an inclusive culture free from discrimination and based on the values of fairness, dignity and respect. The Company will support and develop staff through providing everyone with access to facilities, personal and career development opportunities and employment on an equal basis regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, transgender identity or religion/belief.
This policy builds on the foundation of equality and anti-discrimination legislation and strives, not only to comply with legal requirements, but to use these to ensure that the Company endeavours to exemplify best practice.
The Company values diversity and recognises that an organisation is greatly enhanced by the different range of backgrounds, experiences, views, beliefs and cultures represented within its staff. The Company aims to embrace diversity in all of its activities and acknowledges that variety and differenceare intrinsic to the success and future development of its business.
The Company values, People, Pride and Professionalism which underpin the Diversity and Equality policy and are integral to the Company becoming an employer of choice.
The Company expects all employees, contractors and agency staff to act in accordance with this Policy.
The aim of this Policy is to build a fully inclusive organisation. This will be achieved by:
- Making the best use of the range of talent and experience available within the workforce and
potential workforce ;
- Building a culture that encourages dialogue;
- The Company and employees fulfilling their legal obligations.
The principles of the diversity and equal opportunities policy are:
- To develop and promote a culture of diversity and equality throughout the organisation;
- To develop and promote a culture of fairness, integrity and dignity;
- To support all staff, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, gender,
sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief;
- To prevent all forms of unlawful discrimination;
- To deal with all forms of discrimination consistently, promptly and effectively;
- To ensure that the Diversity and Equality policy influences and informs the culture of the Company.
The policy applies to all applicants for posts with the Company to all staff employed on a full time or part-time basis, on permanent or temporary contracts, to agency staff and contractors.