Cumbria County Council is carrying out a £16 million road and bridge improvement scheme.
As a contribution to their project, Newgate are replacing the existing traffic barriers and wig wag traffic lights, at the Michaelson road bridge in Barrow, Furness.
Michaelson road bridge connects central Barrow to Barrow island and was opened in 1884. This was superseded by a more modern structure in the 1960’s.
Looking for something similar? Get in touch with our team at Newgate for more details.