Physical security is essential to a wide variety of businesses across a number of different sectors including retail, industrial, leisure, airports, and more, yet many businesses are unsure of which physical security system is best suited to their needs.
It is worth mentioning that both systems have their own unique benefits, and it is recommended that you have multiple physical security systems in place including multiple security barriers, gates and even CCTV systems.
However, each system is better suited to a certain type of business and understanding your needs is essential when picking a security system.
Security gates are one of the most popular forms of access control due to their strong and robust nature making them effective at restricting both vehicular and pedestrian access to your business premises.
Security gates also come in a range of different types each with their own specific uses including:
- Automatic swing gates
- Manual swing gates
- Automatic sliding gates
- Manual sliding gates
- Pedestrian gates
Security gates are more useful for restricting access to your premises than anything else as they provide a strong deterrent to any would be criminal looking to gain access to your premises.
What are the benefits of security gates?
Aside from access control and acting as a strong physical deterrent, security gates do provide a range of additional benefits to your business including but not limited to:
- Aesthetic appeal – security gates can often add a greater aesthetic appeal to your business and the majority of security gates can be fully customised in both size and colour.
- Legal compliance – in many cases having security gates is necessary to ensure legal compliance with relevant legislation.
- Return on investment – regardless of what you are protecting, the presence of a security gate will safeguard any valuable inventory removing the possibility of have to replace stolen assets.
Security barriers are perhaps Newgate’s most popular physical security product due to their strength, reliability, and flexible nature, all of which helps make them an effective addition to your business security.
- Automatic rising arm barriers
- Manual rising arm barriers
- Height restriction barriers
- Manual swing arm barriers
It will come as no surprise that your business will likely not require all the types of security barrier as some have very specific uses. Height restriction barriers, for example, are mainly used for car parks and have no additional uses outside of that.
The main advantage of security barriers over security gates, however, is that they are better suited to a range of businesses no matter the size as they are more flexible in terms of size, shape and uses.
What are the benefits of security barriers?
Similar to security gates, the main benefit of security barriers is access control as they also provide a strong deterrent to would be criminals looking to enter your premises.
However, with that being said, security barriers also come with a range of additional benefits to your business including:
- Traffic control – security barriers are often the ideal solution for helping manage traffic flow on business premises due to their robust and flexible nature.
- Aesthetic appeal – as is the case with security gates, many security barriers can be customised in both size and colour ensuring that they blend seamlessly with their surroundings.
- Flexibility – sue to the wide range on offer, security barriers are better suited to a number of different businesses regardless of the sector in which they operate.
Ultimately, choosing the right access control security solution for your business will depend entirely on your specific business needs and security requirements and it is, therefore, recommended that you conduct a full risk assessment before purchasing any security solution whether it is a security barrier or gate.
Regardless of which physical security solution your business requires, here at Newgate we are sure to have something to suit your requirements. If you require any information about our range of security solutions, please contact the team at Newgate today.