However, whilst we offer both access security solutions, many businesses struggle when deciding which security solution is right for them and their business, and not understanding the benefits of each option can lead to you making the wrong decision, which could potentially harm the overall security of your business.
What are Road Blockers?
Road blockers are a discreet solution for access control and preventing unwanted vehicles entry to a certain area. They are used to block areas of the road by rising from the ground. The rising functionality of most common road blockers allows the area to be accessible when not in use.
What are Rising Kerbs?
Rising kerbs are a form of road blocker that is often made from a hollow steel frame. They are able to sit flush with the area of road that they are operating in when not in use but can also rise and prevent access to unauthorised vehicles. They are ideal for use in areas where entry and exit prevention is important.
Advantages of Road Blockers & Rising Bollards
Our range of road blockers and rising kerbs as well as our range of rising bollards are ideal for restricting traffic both in and out of a premise and are an effective obstacle for oncoming vehicles. This makes them ideal for a variety of businesses specifically those who have a lot of vehicles coming in and out of their premises, such as car dealerships.
There are 5 main benefits to the implementation of road blockers and rising bollards including:
- Minimal maintenance costs – when compared to larger access control security solutions, such as security barriers and gates, the ongoing maintenance costs of road blockers, rising kerbs and bollards is relatively cheap, making them a cost effective solution for any business no matter the size.
- Increased traffic control – as both security solutions are automatic they can easily be integrated with other systems such as traffic barriers to add further obstacle to restrict the flow of traffic in and out of a premises.
- Discreet – as both rising kerbs and automatic rising bollards fit neatly into the ground they are a more discreet and subtle security solution when compared to larger systems such as industrial security barriers and gates and even more so than other security measures such as CCTV.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – here at Newgate the majority of our access control security solutions are fully customisable in size and colour and are made to your exact requirements. This is ideal especially if you require additional branding to your access control security products.
- Automatic – as mentioned previously our road blockers and rising kerbs are completely automatic which reduces the need for manual input. Not only is this more cost effective in the long term but also ensures that our access control security systems are more reliable.
Where can Road Blockers be Installed?
There isn’t one specific answer to this question and our range of access control security solutions, including road blockers, rising kerbs and automatic rising bollards, can be an effective security solution for a number of businesses operating over a variety of sectors and industries.
Ultimately, it will depend on your budget and your specific security requirements as well as aspects such as size and design. It may be the case that automatic rising bollards and road blockers are not the right solution for you by themselves and we always recommend that you ensure your business is protected through use of multiple security systems.
What other options do you have?
Automatic rising bollards, rising kerbs and road blockers are a unique alternative to traditional security barriers and gates as they are more versatile and can, therefore, be utilised in smaller spaces to ensure that your business premises remains safe and secure.
A cost-effective alternative would be the installation of manual rising bollards. These robust security bollards have the same versatility and strength as their automatic counterparts but do require manual input to lock them in place.
Contact Us Today
Road blockers and parking bollards can be an effective access control solution that are suitable for a wide range of industries and purposes, including commercial car parks, ports and harbours and even schools.
If you require any of our access control security solutions or have any additional questions about road blockers, parking bollards or rising bollards, please contact the team at Newgate today on 01636 700172 or via our contact form.